Gluten Free Date Squares made from Marcelle's Kitchen mix.
0FOven Temp F
1 bag Marcelle's Kitchen Date Square Mix
2 cups dates
2/3 cups water
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cups butter softened and chopped
FOR THE TOP LAYER
1/3 cup butter softened and chopped
1. In a saucepan add 2 cups of dates to 2/3 cup of water and 1/2 cup of sugar. Boil until dates are softened. Set aside to cool.
2. Set aside 1 1/3 cups from the Marcelle's Kitchen Date Square mix for the topping.
3. Mix remainder with 3/4 cup of softened, chopped butter until crumbly.
4. Press into a 9" x 13" baking pan.
5. Add cooled dates, spread over bottom layer.
6. Combine remaining 1 1/3 cup of mix with 1/3 cup of cold butter until crumbly. Sprinkle on top of dates.
7. Bake at 350F for approximately 10 to 15 minutes until brown on top.